May present a choking hazard

May present a choking hazard

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Atom: Who's Who Entry


Ray Palmer, that's who.

Compliments of continuous T3 provider Rob Kelly this here is The Atom's Who's Who page.
The art was done by a man named Gil Kane and I freakin love it! I wish for my walls to be papered in such beauty. Of course I'd be alone...
Check out that Sword of the Atom Ray jumping out at you (Sword of the Atom, coming up, I swear). Look at it again. Aaaah!

The entry here goes into the small relationship troubles Ray and Jean had. Of course if it were to be updated it might mention that she went full hilt and causes epic horrors regardless of what planet she's on, or perhaps just in space.

They just get better and better, and I will not withhold them! Anybody who's who anybody will keep checking back to see more.

5 comments:

rob! said...

Gil. Kane. Rules.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes he does. Ahh man, I love these Who's Who entries. They are awesome. However, Jean Loring is one of the greatest story telling tragedies in comics. There is no reason she and Ray shouldn't have been happy.

Diabolu Frank said...

See, I'm a Silver Age hater, specifically DC's, so I can see needing to outsource material from that era. Expense alone would be an issue, though not so much with 60's House of Mystery issues, unsurprisingly. Not having a complete set of cheap ass Who's Who from the 80's? Indefensible! Consider your geek card suspended pending review!

Meanwhile... Gil Kane... pretty. So very pretty. I guess I'm lucky to have had Joe Certa's steady hand guiding Martian Manhunter's adventures for thirteen straight years, but damn it all, I can count Gil Kane's efforts involving J'Onn J'Onzz on my fingers. It just isn't fair.

Damian said...

Hey!


Didn't say I didn't have it...

Rob just provided me with the picture so I didn't have to do anything.

A lot of this is about laziness.

Diabolu Frank said...

Ah, well, that's all fine then. I need to get me a scan servant my own self. But only if he wears the little white gloves. Why that look went out of fashion, I'll never know.