May present a choking hazard

May present a choking hazard

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

M.O.T.A

Not wanting to divide my specific post for tonight, I'll double up. Besides, I felt if news worthy to note that M.O.T.A is official!

That's correct, word to my mom.

Not only did Mr. Kelly of the JLA Satellite (mixing it up!) get behind my "heavy borrowing" of his F.O.A.M membership... he expertly put together, like an android from the future, the M.O.T.A. membership certificate!

It's sort of like the Oscars, except the people that receive these earn them...

So, if you want to see one... well, an Atom TEEM bottle cap would do the trick.
Or you could just ask someone who already has one, but that's not the point here!
And remember, if someone asks you what the hell a "M.O.T.A." is, just snicker and walk away. They may have your lunch money, but you know that M.O.T.A is Atom backwards!

Perhaps in the future we'll have contests and club meetings and secret decoder rings and field trips. You'd like that wouldn't you?

Catch the fever!

3 comments:

Doug said...

As the first recipient of the MOTA, I'd like to thank the little people that made this all possible - the Ewoks, the Jawas, Master Yoda. I would especially like to thank Ray Palmer and Ryan Choi. Of course, my appreciation would never have been complete without the help of Al Pratt and Carter Hall. Thank you all so very, very much! Damian, thank you for making this a reality!

rob! said...

viva MOTA!

Diabolu Frank said...

Nurgh. I've been resistant to swiping the F.O.A.M. bit (something to do with negative H.E.A.T. association?) but it occurs to me I've got my own bottlecaps (as applicable) that need tilting at. Maybe if I avoided the acronym... the Zook Squad? With their own Manhunting list? But I don't wanna have a club! Boo! Hiss!