May present a choking hazard

May present a choking hazard

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Defenders of Freedom shirt and the usual business

While I'm attempting to get things in order around here, I figured I'd start off with something that while fairly common, basically sums up what one must go through to get their hands on an abundance of items featuring The Atom. All the more fun doing your shopping online.

This is a shirt I had been checking out for a little while, but I could never get a decent enlarged image of it. The inclusion of the Hawkman or Ollie is usually reason enough for purchase, but I was kind of pissed that an item featuring Firestorm, Ralph, and a few other chuckleheads would be sans Palmer.
Yet this past weekend at the Hotel Penn comic con, I saw the shirt and had everyone step back so I could give it the full Atom search.

There he is! Hanging out on Batman's shoulder. His blending in with J'onn J'onzz's strappage doesn't help. Now of course I drew the usual funny look from the vendor who slowly shuffled over to offer his help (right before shouting for some) and I informed him I had found what I was looking for.


Of course some may ask that if I need a magnifying glass to see someone on my shirt, is it really worth it?

Don't be silly.

Incidentally, in looking at stuff to put up on here, I stumbled across some
Jose Luis Garcia Lopez stock art, of the same picture, and there's the Atom clear as day. Putz.

I'd also like to point out that my super awesome banner was graciously done for me by Rob Kelly of the aquaman shrine, the JLA satellite, and various other bloody brilliant bloggery.
Do yourselves a favor and check out his work.

No comments: