May present a choking hazard

May present a choking hazard

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure production drawing

This may appear very faint on your computer, so feel free to click the pic to get the real deal version. No extra charge, although gratuities are greatly appreciated.

This is a production drawing from The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure tv series that aired in 1967. I picked up a bunch of these, along with some cels from the same show, and the lot is amongst some of my most favoritest stuff. I think it's just the fact that it's the Atom... on a tv series... in 1967. I do love my history.

This one in particular is exceptional because... well, he's on a cat. Big ol fluffy one. I don't know if he's waking cat up, or putting cat to sleep. Perhaps he's preparing to challenge the 8 second mark of cat riding without getting thrown.

Feel free to throw in your thoughts on what exactly is transpiring here.

7 comments:

Siskoid said...

Wow, where do you get stuff like this?

rob! said...

he was preparing for riding on animals...first a cat, then a frog.

Doug said...

I think that while assigned monitor duty, J'onn fell asleep, in the form of a catnap (Wonder Twin powers activate!), thereby transforming into a cat. Ray in this instance is trying to rouse J'onn into action as the JLA needs him.

Anonymous said...

'Naw, he's obviously just trying to have some fun around the house. His wife is taking too long to get ready, so he figures he can have some fun playing rodeo with Mr. Wiskers.

Damian said...

Siskoid, I have a radar for stuff like this.

Actually I just scour every outlet that has had or could possibly have anything with the Atom or Carter on it.

There's dealers out there that pretty much just sell cartoon art, cels, stuff like this, so I always check their listings. They pop up on ebay as well. Some of the stuff can obviously empty a pocket for the near future, but the earlier production drawings are fairly reasonable.

Damian said...

I do like Doug's scenario. Friggin J'Onzz, sleeping around headquarters as a cat.

Diabolu Frank said...

Fleas: The other white meat.