May present a choking hazard

May present a choking hazard

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Justice League Unlimited Atom 10"


More stuff from that animated show. Ah well.

So it took something along the lines of 40+ years for someone to release an Atom action figure. I understand he could never hang very long with the A listers, but I get a lot of "his size didn't translate well to toys."

Well, thanks to the new sizemogrifying ray machine which is now standard in all toy factories, we can get Atom's of all sizes. Medium to teensy ones such as I posted a week or so ago...

and giant ones, such as the one I have pictured here.

I'm not complaining, I'm really not. Well, he still has no eyes, and I was never crazy about that, but they didn't make 10"chers of many from the show, so it's great that Ray is one of them (he in fact was super sized twice, but I'll save part 2 for another time) but I'm just wondering where it came from.

He of course, as is standard with Atom action figures now, comes with his own mini-Atom, which rocks socks directly off feet.

The blue boxed ones don't appear to come cheap these days, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't all be purchasing them online to give to needy children. Like your own.

Some day someone will put a plush Atom out there...

Perhaps if I was based in reality I would have realized that today is the 4th, and not the 5th. Therefore, you must wait another day for your All New Atom issue. You have my apologies.

4 comments:

rob! said...

considering all the JLUers they have to choose from, the Atom shows up a lot in the assortments---there's an Atom die-cast figurine, too.

i think part of it is his costume--basic bold colors that even if a kid doesnt know who he is, he looks cool and has a cool, easy to understand name("The Elongated Man?" "Waverider?")

Anonymous said...

Good points Rob. Yeah, the Atom ahs a really clean, dynamic costume....well....as long as we're not talking about "Sword of the Atom"......Haha, it's funny though, he was only on a few episodes in JLU, although he did completely save the day in one of them.

Damian said...

Plus he's educational!

Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah. As bad as some of the Gardner Fox issues were, you have to admit that they were educational.